鹤咀灯塔

鹤咀灯塔又称德忌立角灯塔(英语:Cape D'Aguilar Lighthouse),位处香港岛东南角,为一座高9.7米白色的圆形石塔,灯塔的底座、拱形的门口及内里的螺旋形楼梯都是以石块砌成,入口的铁门则有刻几何图案。[2]照明仪器是固定一级屈光镜,用折射原理把光聚焦到中心,射出的白色灯光可远至23海里之外的水域。

香港成为英国的殖民地后,水上交通变得更为繁忙,尤其在1869年苏彝士运河开通之后。1867年,英国海军测量师里德中校(Commander Reed)选址于香港兴建灯塔,当时选选了南丫岛和南边的蚊尾洲(Gap Rock),但因地处清廷管辖领土,英方与清廷谈判不果而作罢。最后于1873年3月选取了鹤咀、青洲和黑角头这三个地方。于是兴建灯塔的工程随即展开,鹤咀灯塔亦于1875年4月16日落成启用。造价15,000港元,建成时高17米,采用煤和石油气灯,天朗气清时讯号灯发出稳定的白光能照到23海里以外。灯塔并有看守员驻守。

1893年,位于横澜岛的灯塔落成启用,因此鹤咀灯塔便失去使用价值,最后于1896年停止运作。期间曾于1905年计划拆去照明设施移到青洲灯塔,以提升其效能,却发现部件太大,唯有放弃,改为在旁另建一座新的青洲灯塔。1975年,鹤咀灯塔重新启用,并改为自动化操作。

(以上资讯来源于网络)

Cape D'Aguilar Lighthouse

Cape D'Aguilar Lighthouse is one of the declared monuments of Hong Kong. It is also known as Hok Tsui Beacon. The lighthouse is one of five pre-war surviving lighthouses in Hong Kong; it is also the oldest lighthouse in Hong Kong. Two of the five lighthouses are on Green Island while the other three are at Cape D'Aguilar, Waglan Island and Tang Lung Chau respectively.

The lighthouse was named after Major-General Sir George Charles D'Aguilar and began service on 6 April 1875. The light was a fixed dioptric first order Fresnel lens, emitting a white light on a focal plane of 200 feet (61 m) above sea level, that could be seen in clear weather 23 nautical miles (43 km; 26 mi). When the Waglan Island Lighthouse began operation in 1896 the Cape D'Aguilar light was rendered obsolete. In 1905 the light was removed and transferred to the Green Island Lighthouse to replace the forth order Fresnel light. In 1975 the Cape D'Aguilar was placed back into service with an automated system. The existing structure is 9.7 metres (32 ft) tall.

(the above info is from the internet)